Sunday, August 27, 2017

Perks of Being Single

Good Sunday Morning to you all...

Every time I make something cool or do something really great for myself, I think of you all. Especially my sisters out there who are enjoying (and some of you are not enjoying) the single life. There are definite perks to being single. Some of them I practice on the daily. For example, I can buy a watermelon, eat the heart out of it with a spoon. No one complains! The chickens get the rest! And cooking for one? It can be heaven! I like to be really good to myself and I try to eat fairly clean and healthy. One of my favorite dishes to make for myself is PASTA! I have switched to whole grain organic pasta and I love it. It's easy to make for just one. I purchase seafood, like shrimp or scallops and freeze them or buy them already frozen. That way it's easy to just grab 3 or 4 scallops, defrost them in the microwave and go right to you pan of olive oil, butter, white wine, garlic, fresh veggies, etc.. Tacos are another thing that can be hard to make for one person and not eat it all or to keep fresh. Here's a tip. When you make your meat (chicken, burger) and you take the amount you need for your meal, freeze the rest! That makes is easy to grab a shell out of the fridge, grab your meat out of the freezer, microwave for a minute or two then add your toppings and you have a taco anytime!



Want to know what I did last night with my hot and steamy Saturday night? I know you do! I watched Pre Season football with a glass of Pinot Gris! And I got hungry. What you need to know about me is that I love potatoes! Chips, fries, tots, baked, mashed....YUM! I can pass up the sweets but give me the potatoes! And last night I wanted fries. So I found baby potatoes in my fridge, heated up olive oil in a pan and sliced them up. I had some unused Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix left over so I sprinkled some of that on. When they were finished I sprinkled freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top. It was delicious! And it hit the spot for my snack. What are some of your favorite meals-for-one hacks? I'd love to know! Pass the Parmesan cheese, please!




No comments:

Post a Comment