Sunday, August 20, 2017

Fair Season

Oh my gosh how I've missed you all! I apologize for the long departure but life got crazy for a moment. We had our County Fair. My son moved. My business added another division and life took me on the road often. But here I am. I have Peach Barbecue Sauce simmering on the stove (that will be another blog) and I have a moment. Let's talk about Fair Season!

Tell me. Do you all actively participate in your Fair? Growing up if my cousins or I complained about there was nothing at the Fair, my Grandmother would as us, well...what did you contribute. From me teens until my own children entered their drawings and baked goods I always entered something in the Fair. I live in a fairly large rural county and I just don't see people doing it like they used to. Myself included.  Sadly life gets too busy and it feels like one more thing to add to the list. I do enjoy looking at the beautiful things that others craft.  This year for me, it was more about taking it in. And boy did I!

I discovered beautiful poultry breeds that I had not seen before. My young friend and I took in the Pirate Parrot Show, which was highly educational. Who knew! We ate Fair Food and took in the LoCash Concert, which was my third. That was a magical night. The moon was a day past full and singing with the crowd to I Love This Life was beyond cool. The following night we took in the Pro Rodeo and watched the best of the best from the West compete. I also spent a few hours volunteering. Did I mention I've been really tired? I think it's safe to say that Fair signifies harvest and the completion or near completion of Summer. I am glad that even though I didn't enter items, I contributed time and a big smile. Already looking forward to the next one!




No comments:

Post a Comment