Thursday, August 3, 2017

Meet Stevie



Yep....there she is in all her glory. My Stevie Girl. Stevie is the best money I have ever spent on myself. By accident, of course. As almost all great purchases are. As a young foal, she was being weaned in the barn of a trainer and friend. I fell in love. I even named her before I left. Her owner made me a deal and, well, she was mine. Stevie is named after, you guessed it, the rock icon Stevie Nicks. Look at that blonde coat and her gorgeous face and how could she be anything else? She had me Spellbound! In this photo is Stevie's second time under saddle. No fuss. No fit. She is the kind of filly that makes you think you are a good trainer. She is smart. She is beautiful and she wants to figure it out and learn. The first day I showed her a tarp, she moved it around with her hoof and walked over it. She let me put it on her, she let me rub her coat with it and she walked around with it on her back. She spoils me. So today I drove an hour to meet with a trainer to discuss "bitting her up". Such great information. She is ready and now the only thing I have to figure out is if I am brave enough to put the first ride on her or if I want to hire the young lady I met with today to do it. I am not going to decide today. Stevie will let me know. As will my heart. Regardless, I will have the trainer on site. And I'm sure it will be with great fan fare and possibly a tear or two. I'll keep you posted. 

I will be away for a couple of days to earn the hay money. Maybe with new adventures to tell! See you Sunday and stay safe out there!




No comments:

Post a Comment