Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Peach BBQ Sauce

Peaches are coming on! And who doesn't love a juicy ripe peach? I found this great recipe for Zesty Peach BBQ Sauce and I just couldn't resist giving it a whirl! Of course, as you know, to me, recipes are merely suggestions. So here is the spin I put on it.

Someone gave me a sample to try and though their's was perfectly tasty, my vision was to have it a little chunkier. So I mixed up my ingredients on a pulse setting on my processor. I also used a red onion instead of a white or yellow onion for color purposes only. And as every chef knows, all onions matter. I left it as full bodied as possible knowing it would cook down. I added my fresh peaches very last and left them in half slices or smaller depending on the density and firmness of the peach. If they were a little too chunky once the sauce had cooked down, I cut them a little smaller before putting them in jars. It's up to you! I also omitted the dry mustard and Worcestershire sauce. The idea of those did not set my palette right and I was so pleased with the outcome.

What I ended up with was a sort of sweet and sour onset with a peachy middle ground and nice big kick of heat at the end. I am in love! I can't wait to try this on pork, fish and I really want to slow cook chicken breasts, pull them apart, add the sauce and use as sliders! That will be another blog! If you try this, let me know! I'd love to hear your spins and your results.

No comments:

Post a Comment