Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Sleeping Single? Not so much....

Facebook is filled with comics of couples and singles and their challenge of getting a good nights sleep. My bed consists of a snoring Corgi, a snuggling Siamese and my latest addition, Little Binks the Chihuahua. What does this mean? Well let me tell you! Isobel the Wonder Corgi likes her own pillow. Right beside mine. If you've ever owned a corgi, you know they don't sleep in tight little balls, the spread out...on their backs...butt in your face and snoring. Or....worse. Then there is Mooshu. The perfect Snowshoe Siamese cat who is....autistic. Yes, I do know he is autistic and if your spent any time around him, you would concur. Moo is a snuggle bug who likes one particular blanket that is between the comforter and the sheet.
He will tap my face and paw at the comforter until I wake up just enough to open the blankets enough to let him knead endlessly upon said blanket while purring loudly. Then he will eventually lay down but do not try to put the comforter over him. Oh no. He needs his air. But he will make sure he is pressed up at tightly against your throughout the night. Then there is Little Binks.
I acquired Binky last January. She is 5 lbs on a good day and rarely sleeps on top of the covers. She sits up and begs at the side of the bed until I open the sheets and she jumps in and snuggles at my feet. HOWEVER, she requires a lot of reassurance and will frequently surface for kisses throughout the night and then burrow back in. It is also worth mentioning that should Moo decide to join me past Binky's refuge is in place, he treads on the comforter as if it were a land mine, cautious not to set off Bink's ferocious growls should she be stepped on. Yes, this is my world. And I wouldn't change it. And this set up does keep me from getting further pets at this point because where would they sleep? More than once I have woke to find myself crosswise in my bed as to not have disturbed their slumber. My slumber on the other hand? Don't ask. Naps are great! Tell me your pet sleeping joys and challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment