Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well here we are! It's Thanksgiving! I had every intention of blogging so much in November! One of my favorite months of the year and my favorite holiday, I felt like I would have so much to share with you and I did! But...work and life hung me up. A good problem to have. But....I missed you. For the first time in my Thanksgiving life, I am away from home and yet right at home. I am at the sweetest little town that smells like pine trees and fresh rain. I've been in heaven cooking all day for my kids and just now enjoying the fruits of my labor. And having a cocktail.
I love this holiday for so many reason. From my front room window I have watched countless happy travelers leave to see their families and watched many happy reunions of those separated too long. I truly love every minute of the cooking and watching my family enjoy it. Everything is from scratch. The rolls, the stuffing and I have acquired quite a recipe selection of what we love and what we don't. Things I used to not be good at is improving and my recipe's are, as always, options. Now its time to relax, enjoy my family. Tomorrow brings the turkey, more cooking, the best parade, good wine and football. The best part is each other. I miss my daughter terribly but I will be holding her close in my heart until she comes home at Christmas. I wish each one of you a joyous Thanksgiving Day with your nearest and dearest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment