Monday, September 11, 2017

Let'er Buck!!

Ahhhh.....it's finally here! Mardi Gras done western. The rodeo of the summer. The party of the year. That's right, it's Pendleton Round Up time, again! I look forward to this every year. I get to see people that I only get to see at this event and am sure to make a few more friends. Everyone is a cow folk even if you just have a big hat but no cows. I have my favorite things about this event that I hope never change. The Grand Entry is second to none and this girl will for sure be in her seat to not miss that every day. There is the legendary Chinook and rider Bryson Bronson that give me goose pimples every time.
There is the shopping in the Indian Village where Native Americans bring there wares to sell. Most popular being that huckleberry jam. The Indian Relay races that I kind of watch through my fingers are electrifying. When all goes well (and it usually does) it is a spectacle for sure. And of course...what would Round Up be without some fun in the Let'er Buck Room with good friends! And let's not forget the four day rodeo where the best of the best converge on little Pendleton, Oregon! I'll keep you updated as tonight kicks off with the PBR in Happy Canyon Arena. I will report back. Tired but with a smile on my face! See you in the Let'er Buck Room! I'll have a Pendleton's and Diet, please! What is your favorite thing about Round Up?

No comments:

Post a Comment