Friday, October 18, 2019

Grandma Suzy's Egg Noodles

Hey blogosphere! Long time no hear from me! I am slowly starting to resurface after some large and on going life changes. I have posted on the Facebook page by this same name and last night I posted about a dinner I made and requests have come in! So her you go. The recipe for my egg noodles. This recipe started with my Grandma Suzy May Allen Myers, though I'm sure it's possible it was passed down to her as well. I have made these noodles since I was a kid but this is the first time I feel I have hit the perfect consistency! I feel that I can attribute that to using quality ingredients and not taking less expensive short cuts. 

The recipe itself is simple. Its the trusting-your-guts one the flour the tricky part. 

3 eggs
3 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Powder
Enough unbleached flour to make the consistency you want

That's it. I don't add salt to ANY of my recipes as I feel it isn't necessary, sodium isn't that great for you and most people add sodium to their meals, regardless. 

With a fork, wisk you eggs. Add the baking powder and mix with a fork. Add flour. Slowly. Keep wisking it in with your fork. The dough will stiffen. Once you can no longer work it well with your fork, turn out onto a floured board or counter top. Work with your hands and press out. You can flip it over, making sure that there is enough flour that the dough will not stick. This is key. Press out the dough and when you feel good about the consistency, roll out with a rolling pin to about 1/8 to a 1/4 of an inch thick. Again, making sure your dough isn't sticking. Don't be afraid to add more flour if you need to. Cut with a noodle cutter or a knife. Separate your noodles and cover to dry with a dry, clean towel until you are ready to use them. I add them to a boiling Cream of Chicken Soup and cook until tender. I server them over home made mashed potatoes with butter! Carb loading at it's finest and worth every bit of it!  Its a soul satisfying dish that sticks to your ribs on a cold Fall day! Good luck to you and let me know how it goes! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment